Announcement No 7 of the Dean of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University of November 21, 2023
Re: financing from subsidy in an internal competition procedure of scientific research or development work and related tasks, serving the development of young academic teachers with a doctoral degree obtained within the last 7 years, employed at the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science.
This is to inform you that, as in previous years, the Faculty subsidy for year 2023 provides IDUJ funds allowing interested applicants to submit a request for financial support of their scientific activities under the program LM2023.
LM2023 funds will be distributed in the form of a competition on the basis of applications submitted by young researchers, undertaking specific research projects in 2023 and 2024.
Support will be given to highly rated research projects that make a significant contribution to the implementation of research topics important from the point of view of the development of the Faculty, consistent with the objectives of the IDUJ strategic program.
Application for funding
Each application submitted in the competition should contain:
- Information about the Applicant, incl. name, surname, year of birth, academic title/degree, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Place of project implementation (name of the Institute/Department where the applicant is affiliated).
- Title of the research project.
- Meritorious description of the research project including the project schedule.
- Detailed cost estimate of the project (justifying the advisability of implementing individual items) to be implemented in the period December 15, 2023 – June 30, 2024, without the possibility of extending the spending period.
- Specification of the requested funding amount.
- Selected publications, conference reports documenting the applicant's scientific achievements.
- Information on the implementation of previous DSC/MNS/LM/RSM grants.
The upper limit of the amount requested is 30 thousand PLN for individual applications and 50 thousand PLN in the case of more than one applicant.
A necessary condition for granting funding is the submission of final reports on previously received DSC/MNS/RSM/LM grants.
Each participant in team application should meet the competition conditions.
- costs of scientific trips and visits
In the case of an application including a foreign trip, the applicant should specify the place and purpose of the trip (with justification), provide an estimate of costs and the method of possible presentation / publication of the results achieved. It is recommended that trips abroad be justified either by a prior invitation to give a talk / present a poster during a conference, or by the uniqueness of the equipment (or other research opportunities) in the destination country.
- costs directly related to conducting research (scientific research equipment, reagents, consumables)
- costs of purchasing software (licenses), computers and notebooks
- external services
- personnel costs, including periodic/one-off/task-related remuneration allowances for team members/project manager; remuneration based on civil law contracts for contractors from outside the Jagiellonian University and students participating in the implementation of projects.
- Personnel costs cannot exceed 30% of the value of the funding received.
Applications should be submitted only via https://strefaid.uj.edu.pl system.
Applications will be forwarded to the Faculty Committee appointed by the Dean of the Faculty, which will prepare a list of projects recommended for financing. An appeals procedure is not foreseen.
After completing the project, the applicant is obliged to submit the final report (see Appendix 2 to this notice) in the form of a file sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2024.
I would like to remind you about the obligation to inform about the funding obtained under the Excellence Initiative program at the Jagiellonian University in accordance with the announcement:
Graphic materials are available at: https://id.uj.edu.pl/identifica-wizualna-id-uj.
The following rules apply:
- The final reports will be analyzed in terms of the results achieved
(implementation of project tasks, publications, conference reports, submitted applications for research grants financed by external institutions).
- Publications resulting from the project implementation should include standard acknowledgements to the IDUJ program along with the affiliation of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University.
- Incurred costs should be consistent with the cost estimate presented in the application and with the funding agreement received. The Department Leaders shall supervise the correctness of the subsidy spending.
- Obtained results and solidity of the final report will influence the granting of funds in the following year.
In case of any doubts, please contact the Chairman of the Competition Committee, prof. Jerzy Smyrski, e-mail: email@example.com, tel.: 012 664 4616.
Prof. dr hab. Ewa Gudowska-Nowak
Dean of Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science