A group search to appoint a doctoral student for research in the project entitled „Precision symmetry tests between matter and anti-matter via measurements of the decays of positronium atoms using the modular J-PET tomograph”. The project is funded by the National Science Centre.
The research group of P. Moskal invites applications for a PhD position in the project entitled „Precision symmetry tests between matter and anti-matter via measurements of the decays of positronium atoms using the modular JPET tomograph”.
The minimum requirements for candidates are:
- Experience in data analysis, statistics and computer programming, and for PhD student master degree in the field of Natural Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field of science;
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written).
The successful applicant is expected to perform following research tasks:
- Tests of C symmetry in decays of positronium atoms: Data taking;
- Tuning of the calibration of the whole detection system in view of the studied reactions;
- Identification and selection of registered events;
- Simulations of positronium decays breaking the studied symmetries;
- Simulation of the physical and instrumental background;Analysis and interpretation of the collected data including detailed determination of statistical and systematic uncertainties. Interpretation of results, preparation of scientific articles, presentation of results at conferences and scientific meetings.
The candidates should submit applications containing the following documents:
- Short application including motivation letter (maximum two pages),
- Scientific CV including list of publications
- At least one letter of recommendation (preferentially send directly to P. Moskal via e-mail)
All documents should be submitted in the pdf format to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be available initially for one year, but may be renewed for further two years (maximally) by mutual agreement.
The stipend amounts to 2000 PLN per month (brutto-brutto).
The deadline for submission of applications is 15th of January 2022.
The candidates will be informed (by email) of the result of the selection on 19th of January 2022.
The beginning of the contract will be 1st of April 2022.