Competition for the post of an assistant in the research staff member group of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science in academic discipline: Physical Sciences in experimental research directly connected to subject of the project “Early-stage abrasive wear of crystalline and amorphous transition metal dichalcogenides”.
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.4) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 166 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
- Holding at least a Master’s degree, Master of Science degree or an equivalent degree,
- Exhibiting aptitude for research work,
- Being prepared for carrying out teaching work – this requirement does not apply to candidates for positions in the research staff member group.
- the academic achievements should be confirmed by a publication record in renowned journals.
An ideal candidate should:
- have experience and knowledge of AFM/STM microscopy techniques,
- participate in an ongoing academic collaboration with leading research institutions,
- have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
The post holder is required to:
- be dedicated to research conducted in the scientific project,
- publish articles in leading journals,
- present their research at international conferences.
Deadline for submission of applications: 20.06.2023